Easy DIY Concrete Lamp
In this video I show you how I make my modern or industrial style concrete lamps. If you’re interested in the details of this build, feel free to ask me in the comment section.
1. Crush the glass of a light bulb and take al the stuff from the cap so you’re left with an empty cap. Fill the cap with hot glue and press a bolt in the glue when its still hot. Fill the rest of the cap around the bolt with glue.
2. I used a pre-assembled light socket with cord, switch and plug. Make sure that you have a good tight fit when you screw the cap with the bolt on to the PVC end cap.
3. The size of the PVC tube is all up to you. As long as you can fit a light socket inside te tube with some extra space around it, it will do the job.
4. Make sure you have a tight seal around the end cape and the tube and around te hole where the cord leaves the tube. There will always be some water leaking but prefend it as much as possible.
5. I used some standard concrete and used a screen to sift out the biggest parts of gravel. Add water until u reach the same consistency as in the video. Don’t use less water, because concrete needs water to get strong.
I used the following materials:
-pre-assembled cord with switch, plug and socket
-PVC tube and end cap
-cap of a light bulb
-nut, washer and bolt which should fit inside the light cap
-some tape to seal the light socket and the tube
- DIY Concrete Lamp | Cement Light Bulb Holder
- Ikea Hack DIY Concrete lamp | Giovanna Borza
- DIY concrete EPOXY LED lamp || how to make || woodworking
- DIY LED Lamp with a CONCRETE base (Controlled it with A Mobile App)
- DIY Concrete and Acrylic LED Lamp with a Wooden Base
Last update 2020-09-20. Price and product availability may change.