DIY Concrete Garden Ornaments
Create interesting garden sculptures at home by casting them in concrete. While concrete does make the pieces heavier, it’s also very durable, which makes it perfect for outdoor use. Concrete is simple to mix and use. Just follow the manufacturers directions.
For the ornaments in this oasis, we made the mix a little soupier than normal because it gave the final pieces an extra smooth finish. Almost anything can be used as a form. Try a tub, a bucket, or even a cone. Just be sure you’re willing to sacrifice the form in the the unmolding process. This ball is a perfect example. The form is a globe for a light fixture that you pour the concrete into. When it’s dry, carefully wrap it in heavy duty plastic. Then gently tap the globe with a hammer to break the glass. It will fall right into the plastic for easy cleanup. So go give concrete a try and come up with your own oasis.
For all the supplies you will need to make this project, visit http://www.Lowes.com
Subscribe to Lowe’s YouTube for great how to videos and home improvement tips: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=lowes
Or head to our channel: http://www.youtube.com/Lowes
- Concrete Lawn Ornaments And Statues
- How to make real concrete tree stump. Garden decoration ideas. diy concrete stump
- DIY Concrete Garden Sphere step by step instructions on a budget with Quikrete
- DIY – Cement Craft Ideas For Garden – Creative Making Pots From Gloves and Cement
- DIY Concrete Mushroom Fairy House | Cement Project You Can Make at Home | Concrete Fairy Garden
Last update 2020-09-20. Price and product availability may change.